Learn country decorating ideas and country French decorating ideas!
Are you looking for country decorating ideas and and wondering about how to decorate my house in country style? Here you can find 12 decorating ideas for your home:
• 1- Country primitive decorating ideas - an antique cupboard or a white cabinet with ceramics, pottery, yellowware bowls, glass jars or a collection of enamelware from the 30's or 40's will give your home a beautiful rustic style.
Open shelving in any room will provide a nice showcase for your best earthware and stoneware and it is also practical.
• 2- Country decorating ideas - when restoring or decorating your home, make sure you keep the original woodwork, windows, floors, fixtures and cabinetry unless it is totally damaged and cannot be salvaged.
You don't want to take from the house its architectural identity. Look for antiques, reproductions, handmade products, crafts and natural materials when buying furniture and accessories.
• 3- More country French decorating ideas - country style dining rooms can have a large rectangular table made of pine, oak, walnut or mahogany with wooden chairs or old benches that are similar in style and material.
A corner cupboard, plate racks, dresser or sideboard will provide perfect storage and serving area for the dining room as long as they match the style and the materials of the table and chairs.
• 4- Country decorating ideas - this style bathroom should have wood, ceramic tile, linoleum, vinyl or natural cork floors.
To have carpet in the bathroom is not very appropriate. Wood and brass accessories are perfect materials to use in a country bathroom.
Plain white towels are recommended instead of patterned or bright modern patterns.
Use wicker or wire baskets to keep your sponges, loofas and shampoos handy near the tub or shower - country decorating tips ideas.
• 5- Decorating ideas - the colors used in country home decorating are neutral tones ranging from white to bone, earth tones, red barn, blues and green are the most appropriate colors for this style.
Stenciling and wallpaper are frequently used in this style of home decorating. Stenciling can be used around the windows, walls, furniture and even on the floors.
• 6- Country decorating ideas - cottage furniture with simple lines and rustic is often used and this furniture is made of lacquered pine wood.
If you are trying to give your furniture a rustic look, brush a layer of paint on the furniture piece, then rub most of the paint off - afterwards, apply some wood stain unevenly. It will be perfect - country decorating tips ideas!
• 7- Country kitchen design and decorating ideas - your kitchen cabinets should be made of wood, aged surfaces, natural materials, rough finishes and round knobs to keep with this style. Kitchen cabinets or kitchen furniture made of pine, perhaps even painted, can also be a beautiful key element in the kitchen.
Country kitchen countertops and floors - kitchens countertops have ceramic tiles or even hand painted tiles, slate or marble.
If you want to use laminate materials, go for plain colors for coverings. Terracotta tiles, brick, stone and wood are very popular in rustic kitchen floors.
• 8- Country kitchen decorating ideas - kitchens with soft colored walls, antique-looking lighting (chandeliers with wrought iron arms) and wooden antiques or antique reproduction cabinets, plate racks, open shelves, cupboards and stone or wood fireplaces can help give your kitchen a calm and elegant atmosphere.
• 9- Country-style decorating ideas - decorative items associated with country style home decorating include:
Adirondack chairs, Windsor chairs, fresh or dry wild flowers, vintage baskets, quilts, yellowware bowls, blue and white ceramics, blue denim, tin lanterns, gingerbread trims, wrought iron chandeliers, wicker or wire baskets and cast iron pots.
Floral patterns and candleholders also remind us of the country-style life, floral tapestries, linens and paintings, wool blankets, duck decoys, rocking chairs and teddy bears...are all associated with country style.
• 10- Country decorating ideas - transform your love seat or couch by adding a beautiful loose floral print "slipcover" for a romantic look.
Add padded stools and ottomen for comfort and as a surface for drinks or newspapers - to add a few rocking chairs is also a good idea.
Traditionally, country chairs and sofas have high backs and if the living room had a bay window, you could consider building a window seat with several cushions - a perfect place for reading and relaxing. High tripod side tables are more appropriate for the country home decor.
• 11- Country decorating ideas - halls in rural homes had coat stands, hall tables, or a bench, an old standing clock and perhaps a large wooden frame mirror. The floors were usually covered with brick, stone or tiles for easy cleaning.
• 12- Country French decorating ideas - for kid's rooms, if you are looking for storage, use wicker baskets, wooden chests and wooden bookshelves for kid's books and stuffed animals.
If you are going to use tall bookshelves in your kid's rooms, it may be a good idea to anchor them to the ceiling or the walls so they will never tip over. Bright colored plastic boxes do not go well with this look and style.
Books for country decorating ideas and French country Shabby Chic decorating ideas reading.
Comfortable Country by Authors Enrica Stabile and Christopher Drake.
Great to read if you are asking yourself how to decorate my house in country style.
This resource includes American country style ideas, country primitive decorating ideas, French country shabby chic decorating ideas and cottage country ideas with many photographs.
French Country Living by Caroline Clifton-Mogg and Christopher Drake.
Great country French decorating ideas, French country Shabby Chic decorating ideas for each room in the house.
Country decorating ideas and country French decorating ideas related articles:
Home interior decorating ideas.
Learn about country home design ideas.
Beautiful country lamps for your country home.
Wooden bookcases for every room.
Country home decor and ideas.
Learn about country kitchen design.
House provence style and Provence Style dining chairs.
More house style Provence and country decorating ideas.
Rustic country decor and cottage style home decor!
Traditional American style decor.
Back to Top
Copyright (c) Personal Wellness Network, Inc. All Rights Reserved
And FDA Disclaimer.